This year MERCURY is holding its first online conference distributed throughout the summer. Talks will be geared towards an undergraduate audience and will be followed by social hours. At the end of the summer, students will present their summer work. In addition to our seminar schedule, MolSSI will offer workshops.
Speaker Tentative Schedule:
All seminars are on Fridays 1-2 pm ET with a social hour 2-3 pm ET. Register for the seminar series here (link to come) by 5/28. See seminar titles and suggested readings here (link to come). To present a virtual poster register here (link to come) by 7/1.
- June 4 – Sharani Roy, University of Tennessee
- June 11 – Sonya Garashchuk, University of South Carolina
- June 18 (doubleheader!) – Michael Shirts, University of Colorado Boulder, 1-2 pm; Angela Wilson, ACS President-Elect, 2-3 pm
- June 25 – Christina Bergonzo, NIST
- July 2 – Celia Schiffer, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- July 9 – Student presentations 1-3pm
- July 16 – Student presentations, 1-3 pm
- July 23 – Student presentations, 1-3pm
MolSSI Workshops (1-4 pm ET)
The Molecular Sciences Software Institute (the MolSSI) is an NSF-funded institute that aims to improve software, education, and training in computational chemistry. A description of the MolSSI Workshops offered at this MERCURY meeting is available here. Please register for the workshops here by 5/28.
- June 1, 3, 8, and 10 Python Data and Scripting
- June 15, 17, 22, and 24 Molecular Mechanics Tools