Christopher J. Cramer
Distinguished McKnight University Professor, Distinguished University Teaching Professor, University of Minnesota
We develop and apply theoretical models in order to investigate phenomena of chemical, biological, and environmental interest. Current focus areas include:
- modeling catalysis, including the exploitation of metal-organic frameworks, to advance sustainable chemistry and chemical processes;
- molecular and material phenomena associated with solar energy devices;
- theoretical characterization of small-molecule activation at transition-metal centers;
- modeling remediation of environmental contaminants and chemical warfare agents; and
- development and application of condensed-phase quantum chemical models.